Our primary mission is to grow General Aviation by providing high-quality ground and flight training that is second to none. If we can help your community succeed with a partnership at your airport, give us a call. We can help!
IFT Currently Operates:
- 1 – Piper Cherokee 140 – IFR w/Garmin GNS-430W & ADSB
- 1 – Piper Warrior II – IFR w/Garmin GNS-430W & ADSB
- 1 – Piper Archer II – IFR w/Garmin GNS-430W & ADSB
- 1 – Flight Design CTLS LSA – w/Garmin GNS-430W & ADSB
- 1 – Piper Arrow – IFR w/Garmin GNS-430W & ADSB
IFT services include:
- Flight Training
- Flight Reviews & Aircraft Checkouts
- Aircraft Rental (renter’s insurance required)
- Ground School Classes
- Simulator Training
- Pilot Supply Store
- Pilot Service
- Flight Design CT Sales
- Flight Design Pilot Center Training
- Cloud Flyer Simulator Sales
- Consulting / Public Speaking
Here is a short summary of aviation accomplishments by IFT founder Tim Busch.
– Began flying in 1980.
– Began teaching in 1997.
– Awarded the Iowa Department of Transportation’s 2005 Most Involved in Aviation Award.
– Awarded the Civil Air Patrol’s 2010 Frank G. Brewer Lifetime Achievement Award for Aerospace Education in the North Central Region..
– Awarded the 2022 Iowa Public Airport Association Award.
– Earned Master Certified Flight Instructor designation.
– FAA Safety Counselor / FAAST Team Member
– Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Life Member
– Frequent speaker at EAA Airventure forums.
– Antique Aircraft Association (AAA) Life Member
– SAFE Life Member (Society of Aviation & Flight Educators)
– NAFI Member (National Association of Flight Instructors)
– IAPG Board Member & Former President 2006-2012 (Iowa Aviation Promotion Group)
Meet Our Instructors
Cedar Rapids Instructors
- Tim Busch – Tim AT IowaFlightTraining DOT com
- Jim Mosel – Jim AT IowaFlightTraining DOT com
- Dave Leedom – Dave AT IowaFlightTraining DOT com
- Mark Rinehart – Mark AT IowaFlightTraining DOT com
- Vince Schons – Vince AT IowaFlightTraining DOT com